Tegaderm Diamond Dressings
Tegaderm Diamond Dressings is a waterproof dressing. Diamond Pattern Film Dressing consists of a thin film backing with a non-latex, hypoallergenic adhesive. The dressing is breathable, allowing good oxygen and moisture vapor exchange. It is waterproof and impermeable to liquids, bacteria and viruses.
Diamond Pattern Film Dressing can be used to cover and protect catheter insertion sites and minor wounds. It can also be used as a secondary dressing, as a protective cover over at-risk skin, to secure devices to the skin and as a protective eye covering. Do not use the dressing as a replacement for sutures and other primary wound closure methods.
- Stop any bleeding at the site before applying the dressing.
- Do not stretch the dressing during application as tension can cause skin trauma.
- Make sure the skin is clean, free of soap residue and lotion and allowed to dry thoroughly before applying the dressing to prevent skin irritation and to ensure good adhesion.
- The dressing may be used on an infected site, only when under the care of a health care professional.
- Antimicrobial ointments containing polyethylene glycols may compromise the strength of the Tegaderm™ Diamond Pattern Film Dressing.
- Tegaderm Diamond Pattern Film Dressing should not be re-sterilized by gamma, E-beam or steam methods.