The Urgosorb Borderis an absorbent dressing giving effects of calcium alginate fibres and hydrocolloid particles. After contact with exudate, sodium and calcium ions are exchanged between wound and dressing. It maintains a moist environment that facilitates the healing process in the wound. It absorbs exudate, drains and softens necrotic debris on the wounds. It activates platelets and promotes haemostasis of bleeding wounds.
Key Benefits of Urgosorb Border:
- It helps in exudate management and helps in the protection of peri-wound skin of wound from maceration.
- It is easy to apply and remove from wounds.
- It can be used under compression and promotes haemostasis in bleeding wounds.
How to Use the Urgosorb Border?
Start by cleaning the wound and choose the appropriate size of Urgosorb. Now, apply it directly to the wound surface. For deep wounds apply it without any pressure and cover with secondary dressing. Secure it in its place using a suitable bandage.
The Urgosorb Bordercan be used in the following ways:
- Urgosorb Border is indicated for bleeding and exuding wounds during their granulation stage.
- It can be used in the treatment of anfractuous pressure ulcers, pilonidal sinus.
- Do not re-sterilise this dressing.
- It should be stored away from light, moisture, and heat.
- Do not use it for endonasal cavity in rhinoplastic surgery, dry necrotic tissue, and third-degree burns.
- 5 cm x 5 cm
- 5 cm x 10 cm
- 10 cm x 10 cm
- 10 cm x 12 cm
- 10 cm x 20 cm
- 5 cm x 30 cm
The information in this article is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. You should always seek the advice of a suitably qualified health professional with any concerns you may have regarding your health. Never delay or disregard seeking medical advice or treatment because of something you have read on this website.