Mepitel One Dressings
Mepitel® One is a thin transparent one-sided Wound Contact Layer Dressing and should be used with an outer absorbant dressing.The open perforated structure of Mepitel® One allows exudate to pass vertically into a secondary absorbent dressing.Safetec® adhesive prevents the outer absorbant dressing from sticking to the wound or the skin surrounding the wound minimising trauma at dressing changes. Mepitel One can be left in place for up to 14 days and the wound can be inspected at any time thanks to its transparency.
Mepitel One Dressing is a wound contact layer designed for the management of a wide range of exuding wounds such as painful wounds, skin tears, skin abrasions, surgical incisions, partial thickness burns, traumatic wounds, blistering, lacerations, partial and full thickness grafts, radiated skin, leg and foot ulcers. Mepitel One Dressings can also be used as a protective layer on non-exuding wounds and on areas with fragile skin.
- If the product is not used properly on burns treated with meshed grafts or after facial resurfacing imprints can occur.
- The wound should be inspected for signs of infection according to clinical practice. Consult a healthcare professional for the appropriate medical treatment.
- If Mepitel One is used on Epidermolysis Bullosa patients, employ extra surveillance at dressing changes. Adhesion level of Mepitel One is somewhat higher than of Mepitel.
- Mepitel One used on burns treated with meshed grafts: avoid placing unnecessary pressure upon the dressing.
- Mepitel One used after facial resurfacing: avoid placing pressure upon the dressing lift and reposition the dressing at least every second day.
- When used on bleeding wounds or wounds with high viscosity exudate, Mepitel One should be covered with a moist absorbent dressing pad.
- When Mepitel One is used for the fixation of skin grafts, the dressing should not be changed before the fifth day post application.
- Sterility is guaranteed unless inner package is damaged or opened prior to use. Do not re-sterilise.