Durafiber is a new generation of gelling fibre dressings for use on medium to heavily exuding wounds. It has a high absorption and exudate retention capacity and its structure and high wet strength ensure one-piece removal.
Product Description: Introducing Durafibre, a state-of-the-art gelling fibre dressing specially designed for medium- to heavily exuding wounds. This cutting-edge dressing offers superior absorption and exudate retention capacity, ensuring efficient wound management. Its unique structure and exceptional wet strength guarantee easy, one-piece removal, making it an ideal choice for advanced wound care.
Type: Gelling Fibre Dressing
Usage: Durafiber is specifically formulated for the treatment of medium- to heavily exuding wounds. Its innovative gelling fibre technology allows it to effectively manage exudate and maintain a moist wound environment, which is crucial for the healing process. This dressing is a valuable addition to wound care and provides reliable solutions for various wound types.
Ingredients: The key component of Durafibre is gelling fibre. This advanced material is responsible for its high absorption and exudate retention capabilities. For specific ingredient information, please refer to the product's packaging or consult a healthcare professional.
• Gelling Fibre Technology: Durafiber incorporates gelling fibres that actively manage exudate, promoting an optimal wound healing environment.
• High Wet Strength: The dressing possesses exceptional wet strength, ensuring it can be removed in one piece without compromising its integrity.
• Versatile Wound Management: Durafiber is suitable for a wide range of wound types and is especially effective on medium- to heavily-exuding wounds.
Directions for Use:
• Ensure the wound area is clean, debris-free, and infection-free.
• Select the appropriate size of Durafiber based on the wound's dimensions.
• Apply the dressing directly to the wound, ensuring it covers the entire affected area.
• Secure the dressing in place using an appropriate secondary dressing or fixation method.
• Adhere to the healthcare professional's recommendations regarding the frequency of dressing changes and overall wound care management.
Storage: Store Durafiber in a cool, dry place, maintaining a temperature below 25°C. Shield the dressings from direct sunlight and moisture. Ensure that the product remains sealed in its original packaging until use to preserve sterility.
As an absorbent, gelling dressing for the management of chronic and acute, full thickness, partial thickness, or shallow granulating exuding wounds. For Examples: leg ulcers; pressure ulcers; diabetic ulcers; surgical wounds; wounds left to heal by secondary intent; donor sites; tunneling and fistulae wounds; partial thickness burns; traumatic wounds; and wounds that are prone to bleeding such as wounds that have been surgically or mechanically debrided.
Whilst Durafiber assists in the management of wounds prone to bleeding, it is not intended to be used as a surgical sponge in heavily bleeding wounds. If reddening or sensitisation occurs discontinue use.