Aquacel Ag+ Extra Dressings
AQUACEL™ Ag+ dressings are antimicrobial dressings for use in wounds that are infected or at risk of infection. They are designed to manage the 3 key barriers to healing - exudate, infection and biofilm. AQUACEL™ Ag+ dressings incorporate proven Hydrofiber™ Technology which works to absorb and retain excess exudate and Ag+ Technology which destroys biofilm and and kills infection causing bacteria. Ag+ Extra dressing is comprised of 2 layers of Hydrofiber™ Technology stitch bonded together making it 9x stronger and 50% more absorbent than standard AQUACEL™ Ag dressing.
Aquacel Ag+ Extra Dressings are advanced wound care dressings designed to promote optimal healing in moderate to highly exuding wounds. These dressings combine the proven benefits of Hydrofiber® Technology with the antimicrobial properties of silver to create an effective and versatile wound management solution.
Hydrofiber Dressings with Silver
Aquacel Ag+ Extra Dressings are suitable for a wide range of exuding wounds, including surgical wounds, pressure ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, and traumatic wounds. They can also be used in infected wounds, as the silver in the dressing helps to manage infection.
The primary components of Aquacel Ag+ Extra Dressings are carboxymethylcellulose fibers and ionic silver. The carboxymethylcellulose fibers absorb excess wound fluid while forming a gel, creating a moist wound environment ideal for healing. The ionic silver provides antimicrobial protection, helping to reduce the risk of infection.
• Effective fluid absorption and moist wound healing using Hydrofiber® Technology
• Silver ion for antibacterial defence
• keeps the atmosphere around the wound wet so that it may recover
• aids in controlling exudate and infection
Aquacel Ag+ Extra Dressings are indicated for use in:
• Moderate to highly exuding wounds
• Infected wounds
• Surgical wounds
• Pressure ulcers
• Diabetic foot ulcers
• Traumatic wounds
Directions for Use:
• Cleanse the wound area in accordance with industry standards for wound care.
• Select the correct size of Aquacel Ag+ Extra Dressing to guarantee that the wound is completely covered.
• Making sure there is no overlap onto healthy skin, apply the dressing directly to the wound bed.
• Use a bandage or secondary dressing that is suitable to hold the dressing in place.
• Depending on the amount of wound exudate, dressings may be retained in place for up to 7 days.
Away from direct sunlight and moisture, keep Aquacel Ag+ Extra Dressings in a cool, dry area to store. adhere to the packaging's storage recommendations.
• If the package is compromised or broken, do not use.
• Aquacel Ag+ Extra Dressings should not be used to anyone who have a known sensitivity to silver.
• Consult a medical expert if any symptoms of infection or unfavourable responses appear.
The expiry date of Aquacel Ag+ Extra Dressings is printed on the packaging. Do not use the dressings beyond the indicated expiry date.