Allevyn Ag Adhesive Dressings
Allevyn Ag Adhesive dressing is a polyurethane, foam dressing with silver for added antimicrobial activity.
Chronic and acute full-thickness, partial-thickness or shallow granulating, exuding wounds such as pressure ulcers, venous ulcers, diabetic ulcers, burns, donor and surgical wounds. May be used on infected wounds. When used on infected wounds, these should be treated as per the local protocol.
- For external use only.
- Do not use Allevyn Ag Adhesive with oxidizing agents such as hypochlorite solutions (e.g. EUSOL) or hydrogen peroxide, as these can break down the absorbent polyurethane component of the dressing.
- Allevyn Ag Adhesive may not be compatible with topical antimicrobials.
- In the event of clinical infection, topical silver does not replace the need for systemic therapy or other adequate infection treatment.
- In common with all adhesive products irritation and/or maceration of the skin surrounding the wound may occur. If reddening or sensitisation occur, discontinue use, and consult a healthcare professional.
- It should be noted that inappropriate use or too frequent dressing changes, particularly on patients with fragile skin may result in skin stripping.
- Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements such as EEG (Electroencephalogram) and ECG (Electrocardiogram).
- When Allevyn Ag Adhesive is used on a patient during MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) some warming may be experienced.
- Allevyn Ag Adhesive is not compatible with oil based products such as petrolatum.
- Allevyn Ag Adhesive is not suitable for use alone on cavity wounds but may be used. over cavity wounds as a secondary dressing.
- As with all products containing SSD the following precautions should be noted, especially when covering a large surface area with the dressing:
- Use caution in patients with significant hepatic or renal impairment,
- Use caution in individuals known to have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency,
- Effects of systemically administered drugs may be altered. This can especially apply to oral hypoglycaemic agents and to phenytoin. In the case of these drugs,it is recommended that blood levels should be monitored as their effect an be potentiated.
- Allevyn Ag Adhesive is a single use only product.
The Allevyn AG Adhesive Dressings are advanced wound care dressings designed to provide optimal healing for a variety of wounds. These dressings combine the benefits of a foam dressing with the antimicrobial properties of silver. The unique triple-layer construction offers excellent absorption, exudate management, and bacterial barrier properties. The adhesive border ensures secure and comfortable fixation, while the low-adherent wound contact layer minimizes pain during dressing changes. These dressings are suitable for use on moderate to heavily exuding wounds, including pressure ulcers, leg ulcers, surgical wounds, and diabetic foot ulcers. They promote a moist wound environment, which facilitates the healing process. The Allevyn AG Adhesive Dressings are easy to apply and remove, making them convenient for both healthcare professionals and patients.
AG Adhesive Dressings
Ideal for moderate to heavily exuding wounds, including pressure ulcers, leg ulcers, surgical wounds, and diabetic foot ulcers.
Foam dressing with silver
Triple-layer construction, excellent absorption, exudate management, bacterial barrier, adhesive border, low-adherent wound contact layer
Pressure ulcers, leg ulcers, surgical wounds, diabetic foot ulcers
Directions for Use:
Clean the wound area and ensure it is dry. Remove the backing paper from the dressing and carefully apply it to the wound, ensuring good adhesion. Replace the dressing as needed, typically every 3 to 7 days or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Please check the packaging for the specific expiry date.