What is the Viscopate PB7 Bandage?
The Viscopaste PB7 is a Zinc Oxide Paste infused open-weave bandage. It is most commonly used in the treatment of Venous Leg ulcers and helps to manage chronic eczema or dermatitis where occlusion is indicated.
What are the Features of Viscopaste PB7 bandage?
- It is easy to apply
- Helps moisturize the skin and reduces further scratching
- It does not dry out easily
- The bandage helps in maintaining a moist healing environment
- It is infused with zinc oxide paste for better healing of the ulcers
- This occlusive bandage increases absorption
What is it Used for?
VISCOPASTE PB7 Bandage is used in the treatment of leg ulcers and chronic eczema or dermatitis.
What Precautions to Take?
- VISCOPASTE PB7 can be used under sustained compression bandaging, only after assessing if the patient does not have any arterial disease.
- Care should be taken if applying any creams or ointments under the bandage , as their absorption may be significantly increased.
- It is essential to exclude arterial disease as reduced arterial flow can result in pressure necrosis, amputation or even death of the patient.
- Can cause hypersensitivity reactions and should be used with caution.
- Not to be used if infection is present.
- A tubular bandage should be used over the top of the Viscopaste bandage to stop the paste soiling clothing.
Viscopaste PB7 bandage is available in 7.5cm width and 6m length.
Available to purchase online at www.wound-care.co.uk