Melolin is a low-adherent Absorbent Perforated Plastic Film dressing used for the management of a wide range of wounds including surgical wounds, abrasions, and minor burns. The dressing is applied with the Plastic Film in contact with the skin. The dressing needs to be secured in place with a suitable surgical tape.
Product Description: Melolin dressings are your solution for efficient wound management. These low-adherent absorbent dressings feature a perforated plastic film, making them ideal for a wide range of wounds, including surgical wounds, abrasions, and minor burns. Designed for ease of use, melolin dressings are applied with the plastic film in contact with the skin and can be securely affixed with suitable surgical tape.
Type: Low-Adherent Absorbent Perforated Plastic Film Dressing
Usage: Melolin dressings are specifically crafted for the advanced management of various wound types. With their low-adherent and absorbent properties, they are suitable for surgical wounds, abrasions, and minor burns.
Ingredients: These dressings incorporate advanced materials that provide the desired level of absorbency while ensuring low adherence to the wound, making them an ideal choice for wound management.
• Low-Adherent: Melolin dressings are designed to minimise adherence to the wound, reducing discomfort during dressing changes.
• Perforated Plastic Film: The dressings feature a perforated plastic film that enhances their absorbency and makes them suitable for various wound types.
• Versatile Use: Melolin dressings are ideal for the management of surgical wounds, abrasions, and minor burns.
Directions for Use:
• Cleanse the wound area according to standard wound care procedures.
• Choose the appropriate size of melolin dressing to cover the wound, ensuring it extends slightly beyond the wound edges.
• Apply the dressing with the plastic film in direct contact with the skin.
• Secure the dressing in place with a suitable surgical tape or fixation method.
• Change the dressing according to the healthcare professional's recommendations or as needed, based on the level of exudate and wound condition.
Storage: Store melolin dressings in a cool, dry place, maintaining a temperature below 25°C. Keep the product in its original packaging to preserve its integrity and sterility.
Melolin may be used on its own to dress dry sutured wounds, superficial cuts and abrasions, and other lightly exuding lesions. It may also be used as the primary wound contact layer for more heavily exuding wounds if backed by a second absorbent dressing.
• Melolin dressings should only be applied externally.
• If you feel any unexpected side effects or pain, stop using the product and see a doctor.