The Algivon Plus Dressings contain 100% Manuka Honey which makes it an ideal choice for wet wounds, ulcers, and burns. The reinforced alginate fibres in Algivon Plus release the honey in a slow and sustained manner to maintain the integrity of the dressing. Due to its slow ability to absorb, the honey isnt washed away with the exudate. Available in ribbon shapes, the dressing are suitable for use on cavity wounds.
Key Benefits of Algivon Dressing:
- Perfect for healing cavity wounds
- Helpful in curing surgical wounds, burns, wounds from diabetic ulcers, etc.
- Honey does not get washed away with exudate
- Ensures a moist environment that offers faster healing
- Comes with anti-microbial properties
- Effectively draws away harmful tissues from the wound
How to Use the Dressing?
- The dressing can be placed either side on the wound
- It can also be placed side by side for covering large wounds
- You can even cut the dressing to fit the wounds size
Algivon Plus dressings are suitable for for use on
- Pressure, leg and diabetic Ulcers
- Surgical Wounds
- Infected wounds
- Do not use if allergic to bee venom
- Diabetics should moniter blood glucose levels when using these dressings.
- Sometimes discomfort can be experienced and usually the initial discomfort subsides. If it doesnt discontinue use and flush the wound with saline solution.
- 5 cm 5 cm (2 in. 2 in.)
- 10cm x 10cm ( 4in. x 4in. )
Check out wound-care.co.uk for various kinds of gauzes and bandages for healing any type of wound quickly and effectively.
The information in this article is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. You should always seek the advice of a suitably qualified health professional with any concerns you may have regarding your health. Never delay or disregard seeking medical advice or treatment because of something you have read on this website.